Production process of screws
There are many production processes for screws. As the saying goes, interlacing is like separating mountains. An industry has rules and procedures for an industry. Different commodities have different materials, different processes, and different processes. If you want to have a thorough understanding of an industry, then its business Mastery of knowledge and understanding of basic processes are important. Even for something as small as a screw, its production process is not simple. There are 8 main steps in the production process of screws:
1. The wire rod is based on the actual requirements, and the manufacturer must purchase the appropriate wire rod on the premise of clarifying the factory disk, product name, specifications, material, weight and quantity.
2. Pickling removes the oxide film on the surface of the wire and forms a phosphate film on the metal surface to reduce the abrasion of the tool and die during processing such as wire drawing and cold pier or forming.
3. Draw a wire and cold draw the disk element to the required wire diameter. In practice, for some products, it can be divided into two stages: rough extraction (shell peeling) and fine extraction. The method is that after the plate element is pickled, it is cold drawn by a wire drawing machine to the required wire diameter. Applicable to wire used for large screws, nuts, and tooth bars.
4. Hit the head of the screw to form a screw shape.
5. Rotate or tap the formed semi-finished products to achieve the required thread. 6. Different heat treatment methods and different heat treatment methods can be used. There are mainly quenched and tempered steels: high temperature tempering after quenching (500-650 ℃); Spring steel: tempering (420-520 ℃) after quenching; carburizing steel: quenching and tempering (150-250 ℃) after carburizing.
7. Electroplating The process of forming a cover layer on the surface of a workpiece by a certain method, the purpose of which is to give the surface of the product an aesthetic and anti-corrosion effect. The surface treatment methods are mainly electroplating, hot dip galvanizing and mechanical plating method.